Monday, April 5, 2010

To my beloved mama

That you are all that i need
For you, I give my soul to keep
You see me, love me
Just the way i am
For you i am a better man
I said you are the reason
For everything i do
I'd be lost, so lost without you

i know i've made it clear any posting of song lyrics is stupid and all, but i feel i have to make an exception. having some time to reflect on my 21 years of existence, i feel that one person we don't appreciate enough is our mothers. we bitch and whine bout our partners, our stupid studies, our boredom and all. but are those all really that important? they would walk to the end of the earth for us. they would forgo enough sleep and rest to ensure we get the best care in the world. they set aside their career's and personal ambition so that they can devote their time to us. they ignore family conflicts and self happiness so that we grow up with more than enough love but do we appreciate them in the same way? i realized i didnt. for everything my mom has done for me, i feel i treat her unfairly and unjustly. boyfriends, friends, personal happiness. all that has been given importance over showing appreciation to the person who has guided me all this while. and to think her time on this earth won't last forever. some of us forget that fact. i can't imagine life without my favourite girl. she is my rock, my biggest fan, my everything. so from one loving son, i love you mama. i'm sorry for all that i've put you through. you deserve the best, and that will be my oath to you, for the rest of my life. i will care for you, ensure you get a lifetime supply of cats to make you happy, and buy that beautiful bungalow you always wanted. its the least i can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment